Today I received my new HTC Dream, a.k.a. the T-Mobile G1, running Google's Android OS, and it kicks the iPhone's sorry ass.
How is it better, you ask?
1. It has more than one farking button. In fact, it has a full QWERTY keyboard.
2. It took only four taps to enable installation of "unofficial" applications. No jailbreaking needed.
3. It can run more than one goddamn app at a time.
4. I don't need to pay 99 bucks to distribute an app.
5. I don't need to send it in just to change the battery.
6. If I lose the data cable, I have a crapton of USB mini-B cables lying around that will work just as well.
And what does the iPhone have that the G1 doesn't?
1. Multitouch. Ooh, look, I can squeeze the page and it gets smaller. Big whoop.
2. A half-eaten piece of fruit stenciled on the back.
3. An aura of smugness.
iPhone fanboys, flame away.